Pages

Friday, January 10, 2014

My Personal Devotion Time

I've always found that if I start my day focused on God then regardless what goes on throughout my day I have the inner strength to stay in control of my thoughts, emotions, and attitudes.  For me Bible reading and prayer has always been apart of my morning routine.  Now, that being said let me just say it's not always easy.  In the past I've had mornings I may have hit the snooze button one to many times....OR...maybe there's some prep work I need to have completed for one of our homeschool lessons....OR...I set in my chair with my Bible and journal in hand and I'm starting out strong....and then wake up 15 minutes later and it's time to move on into my day. You get the idea...I'm human, I'm not perfect.

It really was a God moment the day I stumbled across the Good Morning Girls web site.  It's an organized Bible study online. You sign up.  You find a group to be assigned to whether you prefer email group or facebook group.  So, you have connection and a commitment to other believers who want to dig deeper into God's Word.

We follow a reading plan.  Each day there is an assigned scripture to read.   I S-O-A-P the scripture. S(scripture)-meaning I read it and write it in my journal. O(observation)- I write down my observation of the scripture...what's going on in the verses. A(application)-I consider and journal how that scripture applies to my life. P(pray)-and then pray.  I then go onto my facebook group and post my observations and applications for the rest of the ladies in my group to read.  I will also read their posts.  So, we are learning from each other how God speaks to each of us differently through the same scripture.

I've done several studies with a group through Good Morning Girls.  It's something I look forward to each morning.  And guess what...I've become more consistent and more and more interested in studying Gods Word.  If you are searching for a way to be more consistent in your personal Bible time I recommend Good Morning Girls.  Sign up for the next study is going on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment