Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Small Business Saturday is comig

Small Business Saturday is coming this Saturday, November 30.  Have you ever heard of Small Business Saturday?  Small Business Saturday is a day that falls between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It's a reminder for the consumers that are busy focusing on their Christmas shopping to check out local small businesses for unique items that you wouldn't find in a big box store.

Personally for the past couple years I've enjoyed Christmas shopping through Etsy and other small market places online.  I've been able to find unique items for my family that I would never have found at Walmart or a shopping mall.  To give you some examples I've purchased homespun naturally dyed yarn for my daughter and necklaces that fit both my daughters personalities so well. I can't tell you what I've purchase for this year(some of my readers are my family) but I can tell you so far I've purchased eight items from small business artisans. These items were purchased from people that have a hobby they enjoy enough to sell what they make.  These artisans give special time and energy to their unique and/or handmade products..they want to be proud of what they produce.  That's so special....and personal.  When you buy from a small business you are encouraging someones dream.  Your investing in someones gifts or talents.  You are blessing some of the hardest working people in the work force.

I encourage you to give it a try this year.  Find a small business in your town or online and support them with you business on November 30....and beyond.
Check out Aunt B's shop.  There's plenty there for the holidays.  I have more inventory then what the shop shows.  So, message me if you need more items then what the 'in stock' number shows.  Also, if you are close to Mount Airy, Maryland you can message me your order and we will skip the shipping cost...and work out a pick up or delivery.


No comments:

Post a Comment